From: irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:irca-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Russ Edmunds
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 12:00 PM
To: Mailing list for the International Radio Club of America
Subject: Re: [IRCA] DXers under the age of 30

Terrestrial radio is not relevant to most younger people because they can
get whatever content they are after via a mobile phone or a PC or a
Blackberry. There are more than ample computer/phone games to keep people
busy if they like competition.

But, as has already been noted by myself and others, hobbies which are in
the collecting mode ( DX'ers collects stations heard and/or recordings
and/or veries ) as well as those which utilize what younger folks view as
obsolete and/or archaic technologies ( and there we are again ) are all in
the same boat - no growth, mostly shrinkage.

I'm afraid this is nothing more than the natural order of human interests.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>