[IRCA] R8 info

Chuck,

I went back and reread the e mail I got for Drake. Below is a text of
the reply.

>>Drake will be happy to service the R-8. No prior authorization is
required. Simply send the unit to the address that follows. Be sure to
include a letter with the unit listing all known issues, as well as your
return address and a daytime telephone number. Typical R-8 repair cost
is in the $150 to $250 range. Drake can call you with an estimate should
you request.
                The most frequent
failure that Drake sees is that often times PIN diodes used in the
bandpass filters become leaky. These are in the front end of the
receiver, and can cause sensitivity degradation. This will often be band
specific, and can usually be attributed to high RF levels or static
discharge as being the cause of the failure.
                If you send it to Drake,
the unit will be gone through completely to ensure it meets all
published specifications. Please advise if you have further questions or
concerns.<<

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin