Re: [IRCA] WFNY-1440 DX test

WFNY is one of the regulars here on 1440, so it was no surprise that the test
came through well on my timed recording.  The code was certainly very
punchy... in fact, if it was on the ham bands, I'd be inclined to say they
had "key clicks". :-)  It's too bad for the folks out west that east-west
propagation was mediocre last night.

Also heard were WHKZ (which I had nulled), WVEI and WNPV, plus a "Newsradio
W???" unid.  A short clip is available at:

http://topazdesigns.com/ambc/audio/unid-1440-0200-6mar11.mp3

There's a few stations that use that slogan, but the calls don't resemble
what I think I'm hearing (something like WKRP!).  Any ideas?

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON