Re: [IRCA] High Speed Internet OT

Thanks Tim. The price is right and I can purchase a cable modim from
them or Radio Shack and the service is only $29.95 a month. I remember
back a few years ago when a lady moved in nearby that had cable before
she moved at her old location, and the person before who owned the house
had Direct TV, She did not want Direct TV, so she got cable.  Charter
Cable ran a spliced cable, cutting into their buried line and ran it to
her house, and boy did it radiate to my eastern Beverage running a few
feet away. TVI QRN like I had TV cable to the house. I don't think the
cable caused the QRN, but it was people's TV sets that radiated from
their cable as an antenna. That is why I am afraid of it. My area is
almost noise free and my neighbors all have Dish or Direct TV. Cable
here has always been leaky. That is a concern, probably more than the
old higher price of $55. I almost went with Verizon wireless for $55 a
month at 5 G a month, which is expensive but no noise. I have been
waiting for DSL out here and we are going to get it in time. But at
$29.95 a month for fast internet, I am still thinking about it, but a
lot of my DX may go out the window. But what is more important to me? So
far the DX, but I am tired of 28.8 dialup. Once they run the cable to my
house, which I refused years ago, the radiation is there (If there still
is that issue), as even if they disconnect the service the coax still
can radiate.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR