Re: [IRCA] 1710 khz "The Big Q" oldies pirate

Re: [IRCA] 1710 khz "The Big Q" oldies pirate

I heard The Big Q from Minneapolis on Jan.2. It was MUCH weaker than Tim's report from Michigan. I was using a 40m dipole and switching between my Icom 706 and a Icom IC-PRC100. Most of the time, I could not make out any lyrics, or clear announcer speech. In the past, its been heard in London, Ontario and western Michigan. Since it was strong in Michigan and so weak in Minneapolis, it must be to the E or NE of Tim in Michigan? I just got a LD-1B SDR from Lazy Dog Engineering. Next time The Big Q comes on, I hope to SEE the signal peaks on my pc screen. :)

Eric, ka0ywn
Minneapolis, MN
EN43