[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, October 30-November 1, 2010

[IRCA] MW DX from Enid OK, October 30-November 1, 2010

All times and dates strictly UT. MW log editors are welcome to excerpt items, reformat and change to favorite timezone if necessary. Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only; some caradio as specified; above 2 MHz on FRG-7 with 110-foot east-west longwire.

** MEXICO. 710, Nov 1 at 1259 UT, La Ranchera de Cuauhtémoc, XEDP full ID, atop KGNC et al. This week, Chihuahua is on MST UT -7 except border cities Juárez and Ojinaga, remaining on MDT UT -6 along with the USA one more week. So in deep Chihuahua, stations signing on at 6 am now will be playing the NA at 1300 UT instead of 1200 (but did not hear it on XEDP).

1050, Nov 1 at 1300, Mex choral NA, best in WHO 1040 IBOC null, 1303 fade but maybe sign-on; 1305 full ID for XED in Mexicali, a Radiorama group station. Should still be on UT-7 along with Alta California for another week, ergo NA at 6 am local = 1300 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1670, the talking houses in Enid have disappeared, as driving around west Enid Oct 30 around 2010-2030 UT the frequency is clear; yay (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 3160, WPJK Orangeburg SC harmonic 2 x 1580, still barely audible at 1242 Oct 31, more than an hour after sign-on, and a few minutes before sunrise here, music and DJ. From Nov 1, daytimer sign-on cannot be until 1200 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 3160, WPJK, Orangeburg SC should have signed on at 1200 now that it`s November 1, but not checked until 1224 when still audible with music to S9+12 peaks versus falling S/N ratio (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 720, KDWN Las Vegas NV: as I have logged repeatedly in October, has been cutting to non-direxional 50 kW day pattern one hour too early at 1245 UT, so I was eager to see what would happen on Nov 1 when local sunrise becomes officially 1415 UT. Would KDWN now come up at 1315 UT instead of 1245 or 1415? No sign of it at 1314-1316, just WGN about Illinois politix. 1330, still WGN, not KDWN. At 1345 and at 1415 I am hearing neither WGN nor KDWN. In Oct I was seldom getting LVN past 1300, so even if coming on at 1315 it might not be propagating, and even less likely at 1415. As November progresses with later sunrises here and there, it may start showing up again (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 770, KKOB, Albuquerque NM, which had been a regular from 1315 UT in October at local sunrise switch to non-direxional day pattern, as expected now in November does that at 1345, popping on weak but clear with elexion discussion; 1348 ``traffic and weather together every 10 minutes on the 7`s`` --- even tho it is now the 8`s. They are as bad as The Weather Channel. Still in at 1413 with Diane Dinesh for governor and other political ads (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. Too busy checking out new B-10 SW frequencies the morning of Oct 31, to spend much time on MW, but at 1332 UT, 940 was in well, as ``Newstalk 940, The Voice of Amarillo, KIXZ`` plus clip of Reagan`s quip about bombing Russia, ha ha (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. TP MW carrier search Nov 1: at 1251 UT upward in LSB mode on DX-398, detected only 774.

At 1253 downward in USB, many more but all JBA: 1575, 1512, 1422, 1377, 1332, 1314, 1098, 1053, 1035, 828, 774, 747, 567 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 640, WWLS IBOC was off during a stupid ballgame, Saturday Oct 30 at 2011 UT, so on caradio I sought uncovered signals on 650 and 630. On 650 I could make out some music at first, but by next check 2029 only a SAH. I have previously pulled KGAB Wyoming in daytime, the next possibility being KIKK Pasadena TX, and after that WSM Nashville. Something could also be heard on 630, likely KHOW Colorado, but still IBOC there from the other side, KMIK 620 TX (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1510, on caradio in the south side of Enid, at 1852 UT Nov 1 beneath the splash from KOKC 1520 I am hearing bits of Mexican music. The closest 1510 is 1 kW KNNS Larned KS, near Great Bend, listed in NRC AM Log 2010 as sports/ESPN format.

Of the seven Texans on 1510, three of them have a Mexican or Tejano format, mostly in the south except for KSTV Stephenville, between Fort Worth and Abilene, but really too far from here for groundwave. Then there`s 10 kW KCTE Independence MO, but it`s another sportstalker.

Google search on KNNS to the Wiki page inserts this: ``Template: Infobox Radio station - this station is no longer broadcasting as of early october 2010`` but unseen on the Wikipedia page itself (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###