Re: [IRCA] Norway closing down remaining MW

Re: [IRCA] Norway closing down remaining MW

My feeling was always (at least for stations here in the States)  that the WCCO's and KFI's and baseball flagships etc...would always survive on the AM band. Perhaps many of the smaller regional and local stations would fail and sometimes be donated to a local high school or college for a write off.  Change is the only real constant. One mans pest is another mans DX. Some stations will just go dark for several years then somebody else will revive the allocation (if the FCC says OK)  Cross country drives and interstate trucking just wouldn't be the same without AM radio. Other countries seem to be bent on phasing it out though.  Mike  KG6LJU