[IRCA] KRMP 1140 OK & KWFS 1290 TX

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 1140, KRMP in OKC, Sept 27 at 1927 UT tuneacross, heard them referring to ``The Old School Station``, i.e. a certain genre of R&B, I think, previously heard applied to 1680 Monroe LA, et al. This was amid a black-accented talkshow, by Michael somebody, mentioning that poetry Monday was coming up in following hour. Program schedule at
http://www.thetouch1140.com/shows.html
displays: M-F 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. The Micheal [sic] Baisden Show

Logo still shows ``The Touch``, and slogan ``The Best Variety of Hits & Oldies``, even tho it`s mostly talk programming; nothing about Old School.

All day Sunday is devoted to Rev. gospel huxters on this daytimer, with a few elsewhen. I see in the NRC AM Log, KRMP is listed as $ = AM stereo, presumably CQUAM. Must dust off and try that on my only such receiver sometime.

1290, Sept 27 at 1930, testosterone replacement ad with phone in Wichita Falls TX during Sean Hannity show, no doubt something his listeners sorely need; so KWFS, fair signal aside 1280 KSOK music on caradio in a west Enid parking lot hotspot. KWFS also gets into OKC quite well.

KMMM Pratt KS, also on 1290, is twice as close, but unheard since it beams west, per NRC Pattern Book, while KWFS is non-direxional, the only remaining Wichita Falls AM station after both 620 and 990 were hijacked to The Metroplex (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)