Re: [IRCA] Bruce Williams retires March 5, 2010

Although I was never a fan of Bruce Williams and found him to be pompous on the air, I have to say that many of us got jobs running his show as board ops at many stations. This was not necessarily do to him but automation was not where it is today and being a board op was a secure position at the time.
Larry Stoler

Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:30 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Bruce Williams retires March 5, 2010

Mr. Google is a pretty smart guy. I consult him often.

I thought Bruce Williams would be wearing a nice suit or even dress a little
more casual than that. The expensive looking tuxedo struck me as severe
overkill. Who was he trying to impress? His manner of speech was completely
different than on the air and not pleasant to listen to. As he was talking
instead of standing in one place he paced back and forth on the stage in a
very strange manner. Eventually he took questions from the audience and when
he was answering them it seemed to me that he was talking down to the
people. It was a very unpleasant experience.