Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Pre-sunrise powers and Critical Hours powers

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Pre-sunrise powers and Critical Hours powers

For the most part, the variations in different power levels are lost in transition when stations are sold, people leave, paperwork gets lost.

All of this began before the former daytimers were routinely getting night powers, and when everything was paper, and the broadcasting industry was more stable in terms of financials. Add to that the effects of deregulation on the requirements for engineers to be on staff and/or present and that's inevitable.

Then there's the downsizing of the FCC, and the shift in enforcement focus to mostly reacting to interference complaints, and station personnel get the attitudae that the FCC doesn't care, so there's not much point in keeping track of all of this.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id