Re: [IRCA] KORC 820 Waldport, OR

The reason KORC doesnt get into Newport well isnt because of lack of power,
but rather they operate, I think, on a tower much shorter then 1/4 wave for
820hz.

Secondly, I know of one medium sized southern town where there are THREE
stations doing country. Why? because thats where the money is. I don't know
whats being done in Newport area and environs, but.. there may be one
station doing a format and KORC thingks they can do it better or siply take
some of the pie because the pie for one format may be big and although one
station is doing format a already, theres more money to be had by sharing
format a then by being the only contender in format b.. especially if format
b doesnt get alot of agency or naitonal buys.

I wish KORC luck and hope the new buyer does well, whatever it is.

Paul

--
Sincerely,
Paul B. Walker, Jr.