Re: [IRCA] Late night on 860

>CBXQ-540.....I remember they were in nightly 1967-69 when I dxed from
Sacramento. Darned good signal too. Only competition was CBK at the
time.<

I always wondered why CBXQ got out so well back in the early 70s. In
1973, Bob and I drove over from Victoria to the West side of Vancouver
Island. I took a pic of Bob standing in front of the little blue CBC
building at the Boat Harbor. The longwire antenna runs right over the
water and the ground is right in the salt water. In the area, the second
harmontic on 1080 was very loud on the car radio.  A very decent 40
watts to say the least!  Easily receivable even up in Tofino to the
North.
Their signal here at over 200 air miles is just as good as it ever was.
By the way, The Astoria/Seaside stations are very good on the West side
of the island too. So I guess the signal goes both ways.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KGED QSL Manager