[IRCA] jWIN JXM122 DSP portable FM/MW/WX

[IRCA] jWIN JXM122 DSP portable FM/MW/WX

This is a new portable weight 13 oz w/3 AA & maybe 22+ cubic inches. Most of it just squeezes into my shirt pocket. FM & WX reception is great- 100 mi FM (good to 75-80 mi)  50 mi WX stations fair-good. A hint of tropo pushes scatter out to 150 miles on FM.

MW has fair sensitivity with internally generated tones on many frequencies. Very strong locals throw carriers on some frequencies. Putting a loop next to radio that is detuned from the strong station will fix the problem. It only has a single selectivity on MW & tunes in 10 kHz steps. I did hear WFAN-660 NYC on built-in antenna clearly (from MN).

It has 10 FM & 10 AM (single press) presets, plus keypad which requires pressing entry before & after frequency numbers. FM generally can get adjacent to non-IBOC locals, but 105.1 @ 5 miles was putting some splash onto 105.5. No other problems noted on FM, but since it is DSP it won't go into stereo except for very strong stations. It does not have RDS but the simple presets should help get multiple IDs near top of hour.

The volume may be a little low on weak stations, or a bit loud through speaker on stronger stations, at full volume. It goes louder through headphones-deafening on strong stations with the digital volume control on max (32 steps). The frequency display is large with pale blue lighting.

I'm not sure if DSP is only on FM. It is certainly a good value at around $25 or so, You can find multiple sellers on  Amazon. 73, George S., MN