[IRCA] Chinese DX on 594

At 00:23 11/21/2009, D1028Gary@xxxxxxx wrote:

On 594 kHz, I had no trace of the echo (or Chinese) that you and John had
under JOAK, although I did have the Korean mixing very strongly until around
 1500. Usually the TP propagation here will not last very long  after
that-- recently around 1510 the TP's are leaving for good.

 after sunrise the TP's
here in inland Puyallup fade out much more quickly than in salt
water-enhanced Victoria.

*******************************
Glad that Nigel and I got you back in business, Gary.  Yes it's odd the
difference a little difference in listening location makes.  Not too surprising
that John hears Chinese on 594, as he has much more of a water path than I do
here to China.  The Chinese path from Walt's/Colin's/my places run up the spine
of Vancouver Island for a couple of hundred kilometers before hitting salt
water.     So every Asiatic station heard here is a bonus; we get more of a salt
water advantage on the TAs.

(but then Nigel doesn't have any salt water at all and he hears western China
and Sri Lanka....)

best wishes,

Nick