Re: [IRCA] 747-Ta or TP?

On Thursday 19 November 2009 14:53, satya@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Bill:
>
> I had near-audio on 747 last night as well but couldn't pull out
> any words - too much slop from 750.  747 on the TA side is likely
> either the Netherlands or Bulgaria, with Iran or Syria also in the
> mix - how sure are you that it was Spanish?  Radio Nacional in
> Spain on 747 is only 5 kw, which would be g reat catch but pretty
> tough.  I like to use http://www.hermanboel.eu/emwg/online-mw1.htm
> for TA info (which is where I got the above info).

Don't forget the Canary Islands station, which is 20 kW and obviously
in a good position to get sea gain to help launch strong low angle
skywaves.  Along with Holland, they are the 747 TAs normally heard
here.  Bill heard the station at 0700 UTC, and sunrise today at the
Las Palmas transmitter location is not until 0727, so it's entirely
plausible that Bill could hear them at that time.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON