Re: [IRCA] Radio Rebelde

Pretty much all published info on Cuban stations is unreliable.

That said, both Rebelde and Enciclopedia have been reported by DX'ers on 530. Therefore, I would conclude that it is a 'real station', whatever that may mean in the context of Cuba.

It should also be noted that as most of the Cuban networks do not provide full 24/7 programming, it is not uncommon for the same station to broadcast programming from one network by day/eveniong and another overnight. But of course since we can't reasonably know how many transmitters are on which frequencies, this item is shared more by way of a 'be careful what conclusions you jump to' than anything else.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id