Re: [IRCA] Puyallup, WA TP's for 11-4.. Better at Asian Sunset

At 17:29 11/4/2009, you wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>As the November TP propagation changes to favor the 0800-0930 UTC Asian
>sunset period, there was a great difference in TP signal strengths observed
>here  this morning when comparing that very productive period with the  almost
>negligible sunrise enhancement.

I've been running some SDR-14 recordings in the hope of hearing a sunset at the transmitter peaks on the Chinese stations, Gary, but what I've been finding is that they haven't had enough strength to overcome the big domestic splatter at that hour, even though the carriers are there at good strength.  Pips are there, Mayak chimes are there, just not much else ID'able.

The  big guns now....they're very readable.  I have a wonderfully solid  "JOAK" ID from 0959 this morning, and a JOBK-666 ID from earlier in the month at the same time.

best wishes,

Nick