[IRCA] Two TP's (JOIB and JOAK) heard in Calgary AB on barefoot SRF-59 this morning!

[IRCA] Two TP's (JOIB and JOAK) heard in Calgary AB on barefoot SRF-59 this morning!

After the success yesterday of hearing JOIB-747 on the GE Superadio II, my Filipina wife Amy was not surprised to find I had placed three radios on the breakfast table when she got up early this morning: the Superadio II, the Gary DeBock supplied and aligned Sony SRF-59, and for luck the Sony TR-6400 (the
same model that Gary had used many years ago to hear his first TP).

Switching on the Superadio at 1330 UT, as I tuned above CBX-740, Amy exclaimed "Thats Japanese" as JOIB-747 boomed in with a signal way above CBX. Much better than yesterday's reception. Again with English language lessons. I had pretuned the SRF-59 to 747 yesterday, and as soon as I switched it on I had my first
TP on a UL with armchair quality reception! A DX real thrill comparing
with my reception in Ontario of BBC television from London in 1980,
before they closed down the 405 line service

Checking the TR-6400 JOIB was also logged. Ditto for the realistic TRF, a Sanyo MGR-61 walkman like portable, and a old Panasonic pocket transistor
radio.

Next, after checking 693 on the Superadio for audio (too much CBU but the
3 kHz het was strong) I tuned to 594 and found JOAK at armchair level.
Again, wnet to the SRF-59 and had my second barefoot ULR logging!
JOAK was also heard on the TR-6400 and the Realistic TRF.

Going to 774, I heard a strong 4 kHz ket against 50 kW local CHQR-770
but too much slop from nulled CHQR to get audio.

I wonder what tomorrow morning will bring? Amy would love to hear a
station from her homeland, the Philippines.

Many thanks to Gary for providing the aligned SRF-59!

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO