[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle - OK but not exciting

[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle - OK but not exciting

I finally went looking for TPs again this morning. There was lots of stuff coming in but none of them were all that strong.

Judging from the SDR files, conditions peaked at around 1330 and went downhill after that. Keep in mind that I was recording one hour segments of different frequency bands, so I might be overlooking something. However, the SDR-IQ told me that the 720-910 kHz segment was much better at 1310 UT than it was at 1400, 918-1098 kHz was OK but not outstanding 1210-1310, the upper band had a few of the usual suspects before 1210 UTC, and the lower part of the band (710 and below) was absolutely pathetic after 1410, with only a few of the big guns like 693 and 594 putting in wimpy signals.

The highlights:

KICY-850 nicely atop KHHO at 1400, as was KNOM atop KKOH
Taiwan 738 was beating out HLKG at 1400
Unid Chinese pips 5 long low and one long high at 1400, not sure who that was Unid stn behind JOBB 1310-1400 at times, but spot checks of the files didn't tell me the language, there were at least 5 pips at 1400
819 N Korea was decent in the KGNW-820 splatter, as previously noted by Gary
1017 CRI Korean service was fair at 1300, but I've had better signals from it
1035 CNR pips & theme music weak 1300
1071 NHK pips & weaker pips from unid Chinese stn 1300
1170 KBS World Radio mixing w/KPUG 1200
1206 Yanbian PBS good w/KK talk 1208

Hopefully conditions will be a bit better here tomorrow. It was certainly not the sort of excitement-generating morning that others reported.

Bruce in Seattle