[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 16 Oct 2009

  As others have noted, a pretty decent morning.  Highlights for me:

- Russians on 549 and 576, with 549 having some good clear audio
- JOCR on 558 was the best it's been this season
- NHK on 648, again for first time this season
- Someone mixing with the regular Korean on 711
- For the first time I was able to definitely parallel the Chinese on 738 and 1143 from Taiwan. Usually the Korean dominates on 738, and 1143 is tough in the Calgary splatter.
- Some quite clear Chinese audio on 801
- 2 stations mixing on 846
- Good audio again from China on 918, though no echo effect today.
- Chinese dominating 1089
- music and a man speaking on 1161 at 1338. Seemed to have a slight echo. Not a regular active channel here. - Heard Alaska on 1170 for the first time this season, when it came up after 1330 and stayed for nice ID at 1400. Mostly it's been Korea on 1170
- NHK on 1296, another pretty rare visitor
- bits of German again on 1548. One of these days the signal will get up to the next level!
- Christian sounding music on 1557, presumably Family Radio from Taiwan

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunore, Alberta