[IRCA] Second Day at Grayland

What a difference a day makes!!! I guess that I should have expected conditions to tank after the extraordinary morning of the 29th - actually I feared that they would and THEY DID!

The morning was like a slightly below average morning recently on Orcas, though the conditions continued to really favor Japan, such as they were. I managed to add four stations to yesterday's total, two were co-channels not present yesterday: 1260-JOIR, Sendai and 1350, JOER, Hiroshima. The other two : JOIF-1413 and JOUF-1314 were old friends that were either very poor yesterday or were missed in the feeding frenzy. Also added were 1161- BCC-Country Synchros in Taiwan and WYFR-1557, also Taiwan. These are often present on the same mornings. There were a couple of new Sourth Koreans and one new (for this trip) Chinese, but that was it. Gee, I wish that I could report all sorts of exotic stuff, but it just wasn't there this morning.

There was audio all over the dial at some point or other, but most was at murmur level at best. I did have a chance to make two TOH recordings of Radio Anhui-936 at 1300 and 1400 and catch the EE news from 1403 until about 1412. Was coming in the best of the season, for me, so I'll try yet another reception report.

I must say that I was rather dumbfounded to read all of the reports from Puget Sound, Victoria AND Patrick that Tuesday, the 29th was a "China morning" when I had wall-to-wall Japan with only the most prominent CCs making a showing. Wow. Had it just been the bunch to my north hearing China, I'd have thought that it was - maybe - understandable.... but with all of those northern folks and then Patrick about an equal distance to my South, I was surrounded by Chinese DX and just had the best Japanese morning in memory. Some sort of "pipeline propagation," I guess?

John B.
WinRadio 313e + Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array to the NW