Re: [IRCA] WSCR-670 IBOC off again! 12:15am CDT

Re: [IRCA] WSCR-670 IBOC off again! 12:15am CDT

KAZ,

This is one reason I have not been at the dials as much as I used to.
Tuning across from channel to channel and hearing hiss is not exciting.
Like with KYES 1180, yes I think I heard it, but I had to fight KEX's
IBOC. It is not fun. So far, little in the NW, but who knows if there
will be more in the future. 1220 used to be a good channel. I logged
lots of goodies including WLSD with 45 watts! Hard to hear the weak
stuff because of 1230 IBOC, KSJK Talent OR (Medford, PBS). I have IBOC
QRM on 1330 from 1340, Tumwater WA, more PBS IBOC. Sure the Eastern
beverage nulls the N/S, but there is still enough of it that often
covers the flea power signals. The DXer with a portable would never
notice it, but when a beverage is being used with a R8, you hear the
noise. You are right with your comment a couple years back that the
Eastern beverage does get the Midwest/Eastern IBOC. No doubt about that.
I even hear WQEW's IBOC on 1570 when I cannot hear WQEW!  I just cannot
understand the justification of AM IBOC anyway. Why bother?  FM has
advantages The sooner IBOC dies, the better. But will we live that long!

73,

Patrick
(Another frustrated IBOC hater)