Re: [IRCA] TPs from Orcas Island: Sept 17

Re: [IRCA] TPs from Orcas Island: Sept 17

Hi John and Colin,

Thanks for your TP reports, which agreed with the good Asian  conditions
here.

For some reason, 675-VOV was stronger here yesterday, when it  finally had
no 680 splatter (so I could make a decent recording of it).  Today it was
also at a good level, but troubled with the usual 680 QRM. It has  been a
regular visitor with audio here for most of the month, during peak  sunrise
enhancement.

73, Gary (in Puyallup, WA)

In a message dated 9/17/2009 11:05:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cafe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  This morning must be an example of different antenna systems hearing
>  different things, entirely.  My morning was quite different from
>  Walt's, but similar to Colin's:  I've never gheard 675 VOV so strong...
Just for the
> heck of it, I // them with their internet feed and it was  slightly
> better :>).

This is the 1st morning ever where I  have had 675 VOV in 100% copy
with no trace of QRM.

You are correct  - there has been little sign of any of the flea-JJ
stations -- just the top  tier.

Has been years since I had a good signal from the Russian on 576  -
quite  amazing.
--
Colin  Newell - Editor - CoffeeCrew DOT Com ---
Victoria, British Columbia - Blog  - Coffee DOT BC DOT CA
original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org