Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:23:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: george magiros <gmagiros@xxxxxxxxx>
To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Google Books
ernal>

The new york public library loves it.  They say they go there first when
they start doing any research.  The only problem is there is no way to
narrow the search to the books scanned in a particular library.  And yes
some books have a download link

-------------------------------------
HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS<david.hascall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you heard much about "Google Books?"  I vaguely heard about the new
Google app but Bob Rankin wrote an article on them at:
http://askbobrankin.com/what_is_google_books.html

While I'm not sure how to download books from Google books, let alone
read them (yet), I did s search on the generic term radio and got over
200,000 hits!  That is a lot of books and magazine articles.  I saw some
QST's from the 1940's and a White's Radio Log from 1939.  Hopefully
someone can figure out how to read them.  This may be a valuable tool
(even beyond DX!).

73,
Dave Hascall
Indianapolis, IN