Re: [IRCA] Who's on 1170?

Walt and Others,

Cantonese was my "dating language" for a 3 year period (from 1987-1990),
and I used all the Yale University textbooks and cassette tapes for a serious
 study effort. Cantonese and Mandarin are easily distinguishable to anyone
who  has struggled to make progress in either dialect :-)

73, Gary DeBock

In a message dated 9/8/2009 11:38:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
salmaniw@xxxxxxx writes:

At 10:05  AM 9/8/2009, Mauno Ritola wrote:
>KBS in Mandarin and VOA in Cantonese  at that time.
>
>73, Mauno

Thank you Mauno!  Gary  DeBock confirms that it is Mandarin and not
Cantonese, so this suggests highly  that it's KBS Foreign Service.  I'm happy
either way, as I've heard VOA  Poro a number of times from the Queen Charlottes.
Thanks to all that  filled me in on who this could be.  Reception was
mighty strong,  especially when I'm right beside KPUG!  Directional antennae sure
help,  and my 334 degree "West" wire has been a major winner for several
years  now....Walt

original  contributors and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the IRCA,
its  editors, publishing staff, or officers

For more information:  http://www.ircaonline.org

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)