[IRCA] Another GREAT TP Morning on Orcas Island - Sept 5

[IRCA] Another GREAT TP Morning on Orcas Island - Sept 5

Fellas,

Oddly, my experience on the band this morning was a lot more like Nigel's than like Walt's. It was a really excellent morning, with only 6 channels below 972 NOT having audio, and most of it being at a listenable level. Above 1100, mostly the biggest guns were in audio and only a few others.... there were only 15 audios above 1100.

The real excitement was down low. I had NHK1//s on 531, 567, 585, 594 and 666, with 594 being an armchair solid 9 for a while. 558 was definitily JJ, so that would be the Kobe commercial outlet. I believe that Walt has already noted 576 in Russian. They were here for my first log of the season with a very solid signal for quite a while. It's listed as multi-location Mayak.

675 sounded like Viet Nam, but was a bit too weak to call. 702 was another messy signal and not DU. The 603 mystery got a little clearer. The dominant signal was clearly in South Korean and the sub-dominant was CC NOT // CNR1 on 1377.

756 and 864 were UNIDs and each was clearly way under modulated.

Otherwise, the bottom half of the band was chock full of the usual suspects, usually with peaks of good audio.

Man, the season is HERE!

John Bryant
Orcas Island, WA, USA
Winradio G313e and various Ultralights