[IRCA] Alberta TP's for Sep 5 2009

Didn'[t have the Perseus available this morning, so of course it turned out to be the best morning of the season thus far. For the first time, signals lasted past sunrise by about 15 minutes. Had to resort to "traditional" DXing , tuning a knob and using a tape recorder! How quickly we become spoilt!

Rather unusually, I was hearing the TPs and DUs pretty much simultaneously. When I began at 1215 the first thing I noted was music on 531, most likely 2PM, though I noted a second station mixing later on. Also noted DUs on 639 (//2485, so most likely 5CK), 702 (where I had a lot of ABC Sydney, but at 1300 had two stations with English news - maybe NZ?), 738 (some nice clear Tahiti - best this season, with a bit of 2NR later), 774, 819, 846, 855, 891 (where I noted a very nice "Radio TAB" ID in the clear before Adelaide came back up), and 1116 (though not very good by 4BC standards).. On the TP side I heard Japan on 567, 594, 693, 747, 774, 828 (though weaker than some other days this week), 1089, 1287, a weak Korea on 972, and unID on 1044 (most likely China). The lower end of the dial was considerably better than the upper end.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta