Re: [IRCA] Twitter & Facebook ( was Re: Check out my photos on

Re: [IRCA] Twitter & Facebook ( was Re: Check out my photos on

I've not explored You-Tube or Twitter, but I have found Facebook to be a valuable tool for contacting cousins for my genealogical research. Hundreds of them. Yes, there's a lot of clutter, but like uninteresting things on each of our DX reflectors, you can avoid the useless stuff ... you can also put your FB friends onto lists you establish, such as "DX", "Krum contacts", "Mt. Vernon contacts", "Descendants of John Callarman 1:1" as I have done and chose which lists to look at at any given time. Regarding making information available to marketers or personal opinions available to anyone, 1) somebody has to pay the bill for a free service and 2) I have nothing to hide.

Besides, to put this post at least partially on topic, if it hadn't been for Facebook, I wouldn't have been back in contact with one of my favorite young DX'ers from 50 years ago, Scooter Seagraves.

What has surprised me most of all are two things how many septuagenarians and older participate, and 2) how young cousins who've never heard the name Callarman accept my explanation of why I'm seeking contact.

Qal R. Mann, Krumudgeon