[IRCA] Grundig G8 Performance

I received a new G8 the other day and immediately did a side by side
comparison to my Eton E100. The results were both surprising and
disappointing. The E100 seemed to be the equal of the G8 on all frequencies
for sensitivity and audio fidelity. Also the G8 had a noticeable heterodyne
on 1400 through 1430 khz. It's possible that the G8 I have needs some
tweaking with the antenna coil, but the heterodyne issue bothered me more. I
may return it to Amazon and get a replacement as I do want to experiment
with it as a DX radio.   Jim

--
www.fhu.com