Re: [IRCA] DX "lay of the land" from the Myrtle Beach area

Re: [IRCA] DX "lay of the land" from the Myrtle Beach area

Thanks to all that responded (there were many of you - Thanks again!).
I chose Russ Johnson's email to reply back to.

I primarilly DX domestics on MW.  However, since I can't normally get
Latin American DX from Indiana, I may find South American DX more
interesting than most (at least on this trip).  If I have the time, I'll
try to do a mid-day bandscan on AM, with my E-100.  I experienced
coastal MW enhancement in the Florida panhandle, as a kid.  WWL in LOUD
at high noon at about 275 miles.

If FM coastal trop is in, it appears that South Florida is possible.
The Delmarva, New England and such are out as the coast runs away to the
East (no direct ocaen path).  Mid-June may allow some good Es
conditions, though.

Again it's not a DX-pedition but I always try to scope out the band when
in a new area.  I'm interested in seeing dad's DTV set-up (he lives near
Rockingham).  I guess that I didn't give him enough credit - he already
has a converter box and a bowtie antenna.  He gets more channels than he
did before and a couple )apparently) are yet to come to full power.  I
shoulda guessed that he'd be okay, he put the DX bug in me.

73,
Dave in Indy

Message: 4