Re: [IRCA] Long, low solar minimum

At 20:30 4/1/2009, you wrote:

>http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/01apr_deepsolarminimum.htm?list838608

Thanks Russ....interesting reading, although I was amused to see the obligatory reference to global warming.

Certainly sunspots are pretty rare just now, but I wondered if solar flux had turned the corner a bit over the last few months. http://www.solarcycle24.com/ has a monthly solar flux chart, but I don't know if he corrects for the Earth's changing distance from the sun (closest in January), which influences the raw solar flux measurements.

(I tried checking dxlc.com\solar\ which has good graphical archives, but got a "reported attack site" message instead; anybody know anything about this?)

best wishes,

Nick