Re: [IRCA] WZFG-AM 1100 Dilworth, MN

I heard them at the same time 0606-0608 UTC with "AM 1100, The Flag" IDs, mentions of "floodwatch 2009" and 701 area code, plus flood related news. They dominated for those two minutes, then faded under KFAX. That was the only definite reception I had, otherwise KFAX and KNZZ took turns dominating with occasional splash from KPTK-1090.

I also had EAS-type data bursts at 0603:30 UTC, but they were followed by KFAX talking about sexually transmitted diseases. Not sure if the EAS stuff was from WZFG cutting through the QRM, or KFAX doing something for dramatic effect, or some other station doing a routine EAS test.

Tried 790 a couple of times but too much KGHL and others

Bruce in Seattle
SDR-IQ, Drake R8A, K9AY

Walter Salmaniw wrote:

Missed the tip from last night, but sure enough, heard them at 06:06 UTC with "The Flag" and "AM 1100" ID.  Thanks for the tip, and let's hope the flood waters recede quickly!  ......Walt in Victoria.