Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:40:14 -0500
From: "Paul B. Walker, Jr." <walkerbroadcasting@xxxxxxxxx>
To: am@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [IRCA] OT DSL vs Cable

Stay AWAY from Satelitte internet unless it is your ONLY option. The
latency
pretty bad, you won't get near the speeds they quote you, they limit
your
downloads/throughput and in bad weather, you';ll have no service.

If the cable is leaky, you need to have the cable company out to look at
it,
as it shouldn't be as bad as you describe it to be. Tell them if they
fix
the leakyness, you'll subscribe to their high speed internet.

Verizon's high speed wireless cellular broadband may not be a abd idea
if yo
ucan ge tit, but they limit you there on downloads/throughput as well

Paul Walker
www.onairdj,.com

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Patrick Martin <mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Living out here in the rural area, our options are limited for high
> speed internet. There has been an open Wifi in the neiborhood or
months
> that I have been using, but the past couple of days it has been off. I
> have no idea if it will return or not.  I thought about adding cable,
> but I have Dish Network, so the cable would only be for the internet
at
> $55 a month. However, it is so leaky RF wise that I don't want the
QRN.
> Then there is DSL, but the nearest DSL is a mile away, and Qwest
quoted
> me $1500 to get it to my house. Is DSL noisy? Any QRN to deal with?
Then