Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Hindi on 1040?

Bill Whitacre wrote:
In reviewing some TOH recording from yesterday's sunrise I'm hearing Hindi [or Near East Asian] music and anmt on 1040 kHz at 7am EDT under a strong WHO.

Does anyone know of a station on 1040 that plays this kind of programming? I'll keep listening to the anmt as I'm sure there's an ID there someplace.

My bet is on WPBS-1040 Conyers, Georgia.

It's listed as Spanish in the NRC Log but most Google hits indicate "Spice Radio 1040" with Desi/Hindu programming. (unfortunately the station's own website seems to be down)

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66