Re: [IRCA] Changes at KCPW 1010 Salt Lake City

Interesting as I am under the impression that these guys run 3 kW Critical hours power. Anyhow, I have never had a trace here inspite of a 100 attempts in good cx at SSS to west. 73 KAZ Barrington IL

Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 7:44 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Changes at KCPW 1010 Salt Lake City

From: "Scott Fybush" <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>

The AM signal is a 50 kW daytime boomer that's heard across most of Utah
and into the surrounding states; at night it drops to 194 watts, and I
don't ever recall it being reported at any great distance after dark.

Scott:

I managed to log them late one December afternoon 4 years ago up here in
Northern Alberta. One of the few times I've been able to null CBR-Calgary
down to nothing. As it was before local sunset, I'm assuming they were still
on day power.

Mike in St Isidore, AB