[IRCA] KRKO's signal

In general checking KRKO's 34 KW ND days, here on the North Coast off
the NE EWE, I find local KAST 1370 Astoria (1 KW) at S9+35DB this
morning and KRKO-1380 (34 KW) at S9+20 DB. There is minor splatter from
KAST, but not much. In the past KRKO was generally not audible here
during the day with their 5 KW, without a lot of phasing anyway and then
it was very weak. Not so now. Anyway, at 5.6 miles from KAST's tx site,
I can hear the HD hash on KAST's LSB all day now. Again this is off the
NE EWE, aimed at KAST & KRKO. I am surprised being so close to KAST, to
hear any HD hash. It will be interesting to see if KRKO's hash QRMs KAST
in the listening area during the day. KAST does sell in the Long
Beach/Ilwaco area of SW Washingtn, North of here; where KRKO probably is
a bit stronger and KAST a bit weaker.  I used to get KJAX 1390 Yakima
days off the NE EWE, but it covered in hash now. Still heard all night
off the Eastern beverage with KLGN. I'll admit Yakima is not strong here
days, but the hash in more powerful.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin