Re: [IRCA] Beacon on 1650 +/-

Hi Tom, Steve, and Patrick

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 00:14:24 -0800, Steve Ratzlaff wrote
> I would guess whatever you heard was very local to you,
>  especially if you were hearing any regular AMBC stations on the
> frequency, which you indicate you were.

> > On 01/17, Saturday evening, on 1650 Khz from 20:30 CST to 20:35 (
> > 02:30-02:35UTC) heard what sounded like morse code. Signal was very
> > weak but sounded like MEI or possibly MIE. First character is
> > definitely an "M" followed by two short "dot"
> > characters. Code was medium speed with a several second pause
> > between code groups. And, no I don't have a recording of
> > this. At first I thought I am imaging the code but later suspect
> > this may have been a beacon.

For what it's worth, I have a local non-directional beacon DE 338 that
intermodulates with local broadcaster WEXL on 1340 and can frequently be
heard on 1680 up to about a mile away from the NDB transmitter.

I hope this helps.

73 de Joe

-- Joe Miller, KJ8O, Troy, MI -- Grid EN82 --
--- WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com) ---