Re: [IRCA] C. Crane Twin Coil Ferrite AM Antenna

Re: [IRCA] C. Crane Twin Coil Ferrite AM Antenna

--
Dennis,

I have the Terk and the Twin Coil ferrite AM antenna.  What's
nice about the Twin Coil is that you can place it outside to get
away from local noise inside the house.  C Crane has a 25'
extension cable that they sell.

I used the Twin Coil in England out in the country.  We stayed
in an old brick estate and I placed the antenna head outside
and it worked well.  Also used it at Westport, WA and heard
some TP's on it.

If mounted outside it needs to be sealed from the weather.

I believe Steve Ratzlaff bought the twin coil.  He could give
you a more detailed technical report than me.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA

From: "Dennis Gibson" <wb6tnb@xxxxxxx>