Re: [IRCA] WBZ IBOC is OFF!

On Saturday 03 January 2009 20:57, Craig Healy wrote:
> WBZ-1030 does seem to have the IBOC off this evening.  1040 is
> completely in the clear.  The audio on WBZ still seems to be
> limited to the 5KHz bandwidth which is a symptom of a transmitter
> set for IBOC.  I wonder if there was some settlement with
> WYSL-1040?  I certainly hope there was, though it's an odd time for
> that to happen.  The FF country station on 1040 is quite
> listenable, CJMS I think.

No chance of a settlement, methinks.  CBS has no incentive to change
their ways, since the FCC has chosen to ignore WYSL's complaint,
despite being presented with extensive documentation of the
interference problems.  So much for their claim in their IBOC Report
& Order that they would deal with interference issues in a timely
manner.

As others have said, WBZ is apparently on their backup rig.  In
addition to the absence of IBOC, it's interesting to note that they
have been significantly off-frequency - about 16 Hz high.  Things
will no doubt be back to normal (including adjacent channel jamming)
soon.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON