Re: [IRCA] WBZ IBOC is OFF!

On 3-Jan-09, at 6:57 PM, Craig Healy wrote:

WBZ-1030 does seem to have the IBOC off this evening. 1040 is completely in the clear. The audio on WBZ still seems to be limited to the 5KHz bandwidth which is a symptom of a transmitter set for IBOC. I wonder if there was some settlement with WYSL-1040? I certainly hope there was, though it's an
odd time for that to happen.  The FF country station on 1040 is quite
listenable, CJMS I think.

If this stays off I can check with one of the engineers there who is an
acquaintance to get the story as to why.

I read on one of the lists that they were having problems getting audio
to their main rig and that they were using their non-IBOC 10 kW backup
transmitter... anyone have the complete story on this?

73,

Deane McIntyre
Calgary AB
(who logs WBZ a few times every year in the null of KTWO)