[IRCA] Favorite QSL (Was best DX in 2008)

[IRCA] Favorite QSL (Was best DX in 2008)

Some time ago, Dave in Indy, asked, "What is you best DX in 2008?"

I don't have any. Can not come up with a thing. I haven't heard anything new in over a year, that I can remember.

So I will, reinvent the question. What is your best DX of all time? Past, present or future. The one, (and only one), station you are proud you heard. That, perhaps, you QSLed.

For me it would have to be WFAA-820, in Ft. Worth, TX. Now before you say anything, I am aware that clear channel, 50 kw signal may not be much to brage about. But, let tell you where I was located when I heard it.

I was in the English channel, setting on the bow, ahead of the forward guns, on the U.S.S. OZARK, and my receiver was one I had bought from the PX on the base of Norfolk, VA naval base. Don't remember the brand name. It also had short-wave and FM.

The date of reception: 19 August 1967.

I wrote the station and received the standard black and yellow QSL card.

I have many other QSLs from exotic areas, but this one has the best memories.

73's
Willis
Old Fort, TN