Re: [IRCA] STATION IDs - TAPES TO CDs

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, cafe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <cafe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use an M-Audio Delta 44 with my computer system -
> heck, I recorded a whole album on it with my musical
> partner...
> What you seem to be describing is overload.
>
> The Earphone output on your marantz might be too low
> an impedance for the input of the M-Audio unit -- about
> 20K and 100mv thereabouts.
>
> It is doable - but it is a compromise.
>
> Most M-Audio interfaces have a dynamic range
> of about 95db - which is plenty for tape and cassette.

I'm not familiar with that device either, but the impedance mismatch cacn be an issue. A typical PC line in wants to see 2.5k ohms at a minimum, and would probably prefer 5k or 10k; the typical earphone output is likely to be 4, 8, or 16 ohms. But the result of that problem would first be seen in very low audio level and possibly some distortion.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id