[IRCA] Saturday Morning UL Catches

Good Morning!

I'm in the process of making some changes in my Wellbrook and didn't have much directionality this AM, but I got lucky several times...

First, I stumbled on the Iowa morning farm reports and weather on 600 @ 1245 UT to finally hear WMT (after logging 5 other stations on the frequency.)

Then I somehow ended up on 870, because WWL (a daytimer here with the array working) wasn't coming in well. The first thing that I caught was daytimer KAAN in Bethany, MO at 1258 and then at about 1301, the frequency went all quiet. Its been so long since I've been sitting somewhere when somebody turned on their carrier that I had forgotten what it sounds like. Then, all of a sudden, the Mexican National Anthem cranked up, quite loud. By the time it was over, the signal was beginning to fade rapidly, but I caught "La Voz de la Sierra T----- " in Guachochi, CH, XETAR. I had heard a Mx NA at 1300 on that frequency before, but I never managed to catch an ID until now. The new Mexican Log from IRCA shows a 1200 sign on, but what with Chihuahua being in MST, I sorta suspected that was wrong, from the beginning. Guachochi, CH is way down in SW Chihuahua, 870 miles from here, about 80% of the way to the southern tip of Baja.

Looks like we are going to have a nasty week coming up after a so so tomorrow. Gotta get that antenna work done today!