Re: [IRCA] Night time Paper clip antenna band scan

Re: [IRCA] Night time Paper clip antenna band scan

--
Guy,

A list of the stations heard with the paper clip attached to the
 S0239 jack.

620      KPOJ      S-2.5 db
750      KXL        S-.75 db
800      KDPQ     S-0 audio with noise.
860      KPAM    S-7.25 db
910      KTRO     S-3 db
970      KCMD    S-0 audio with noise.
1010    KOOR    S-0  audio no noise.
1040    KLVP     S-0  audio with a little noise.
1080    KFXX     S-2.5 db
1150    KXMG    S-1.5 db
1190    KEX        S-0  audio with a little noise.
1230    KMUZ    S-0 equal audio and noise.
1330    KKPZ     S-0 audio with noise.
1480    KBMS    S-0 audio with noise.
1520    KMPG    S-0 audio with noise.
1550    KKAD    S-.75 db
1600    KKOH    S-0 some audio under noise.
1640    KDZR     S-0 equal audio and noise.

2' bnc coax cable only,  860 KPAM only station with audio and it
was weak with noise.

Placing the paper clip into the bnc connector of the 2' coax raised
the signal of KXL from S-.75 db to S-3 db.  KPAM 860 with from
S-7.5 db to S-9+5 db.  KEX 1190 went from S-0 to S-3 db.

The bnc 2' coax with the paper clip was best of the three methods.

Attaching the paper clip to the palstar tuner produced poor results.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA

From: "Guy Atkins" <dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>