Re: [IRCA] Simple phasing setup

> Craig, I was thinking about standing a 8' piece of thinwall conduit up in
> the corner, painted to match my walls, as the whip. Is yours center
loaded?
> That's what the drawing seems to suggest.
>
> Do you think a bottom loaded vertical will work (or do you need to load it
> at all?) And what is the ratio of your balun?

The schematic is just a quick diagram.  Loaded equally the full length.
When you say conduit, I assume you don't mean metal.  That probably wouldn't
work.  Another thing that would work is a flat piece of wood.  Could
probably hide it in a closet or behind a curtain.

The balun is a 50 to 450 ohm.  I used that just because I had it.  May or
may not be the optimum ratio.  It does work pretty well, however.

The one I use is a 7' piece of 2" PVC drain pipe.  I have two lengths of
wire about 30-35' long.  Two windings from the center to each end.  The
balun goes in the middle.

One thing I'm thinking of trying is to take a 100' length of wire and make
an evenly spaced full-length winding on the PVC.  Then make a small winding,
maybe 10 or so turns over the middle and connect that directly to the coax.
It will make the equivalent of the balun, but without the toroid core.
Haven't built it yet.  Maybe this week or next weekend.

I can take a picture of the very ugly vertical I have and post it, if you
want.  It'll be tomorrow.  It's ugly enough to be best viewed with beer
goggles...

 Craig Healy
Providence, RI