Re: [IRCA] 3 mornings DXing at Grayland Beach State Park

Re: [IRCA] 3 mornings DXing at Grayland Beach State Park

Pat,

I think the owners might have taken some time off. I called
to make reservations, but got the answering machine.  Drove up
to the motel and the sign said closed.  The large dog was outside
and I pressed the buzzzard and no answer.  Last year the week
before Thanksgiving they were closed.  This being the off season,
now is the time to take some time off.

Funny thing, we drove down to the Welsch motel and they were
closed too.  Luckily Grayland Beach State Park had plenty of Yurts
available.  The only place in Grayland that had a full parking lot was
Local Bar & Grill.

One of the workers at the park noticed me setting up the broadband
antenna.  He wanted to know what the 25' yellow window washer
polls were for.  Told him they were used for the mast on the antenna.
The SW loop was not that high because I had to use trees to support the
wire.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA