Re: [IRCA] LF Engineering H-800 opinions sought

Re: [IRCA] LF Engineering H-800 opinions sought

Hi Lee,

I have been using the H-800 for close to three years.  At my location,
it's up about 15' in a tree in the front yard.  H-800 works best on long-wave,
followed by MW.  I sometimes will get a MW station on LW or on the Tropical
band.  I'm in a high RF zone, with 5 transmitters within 10 miles.
Some mornings TP's can be heard on the H-800 antenna, but the ewe out performs
the H-800 95% of the time for TP's.

My favorite is Steve Ratzlaff  High Performance Active Whip.  With this whip you
can cut the metal whip to the right length for your area.   In an area with high RF
your whip length would be around 22".  In the boom docks you could use a much
longer length.  I was surprise one March evening a few years ago when I heard
WYRD 1330 from South Carolina using the HPAW.

Dennis,
Salmon Creek, WA