[IRCA] TPs for 20Sep08 from Victoria, BC: so-so

[IRCA] TPs for 20Sep08 from Victoria, BC: so-so

Well, kind of an interesting morning here.  Good, but not so good.  Plenty of audios, but in reality, the vast majority were threshold "6" or "burbles in the splatter" variety, so frustrating from that point.  Nothing really strong this morning.  A little of everything too from the Asians, to DU and Tahiti.  Give me another S unit or three, and it would have been really good.  I suppose that on the coast things might have been hopping.  A comment from my end.  Now I did spend a month up north on the Queen Charlottes, so take my comment with a grain of salt, since I haven't listened here in Victoria quite enough to be sure.  What I'm seeing are conditions down in general from last year.  I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but sure, I'm hearing plenty of audios, but they're weaker than what I recall from last season.  Have to dig a lot more, and am hearing a lot more "6's" which really aren't very useful for anything.  Just my 2c worth.  Again, I hope that I'm wrong......Now down to t!
 he details today.  "6" unless otherwise noted:

279:  8.5
531, 558, 567
576:  Russian at 7 level with IS at 13:30
594:  JOAK at 7
612:  EZL music at 13:32 presumably Brisbane at 7 level.
621:  7 level late at 14:12 presumably DU
639
666:  Russian at 13:34 plus cochannel at 8.
675:  prob Radio National, Christchurch at 7 level 13:36.
693, 702
719.9:  threshold audio and pres N. Korea
738:  8 signal at 13:41 with Tahiti....strong this morning.  At 14:00 cochannel with RA IS.
747:  NHK2 at 8
756
765:  7 level.  Not sure who this is.  Best on S corner fed loop.
774:  9 level NHK2
783, 792, 801
828:  NHK2 at 7
837:  JOQK 7 level // 594 at 13:49
855.05:  6 level N. Korea
864:  6 with rumbling audio...don't know whether this is local in the shack or more distant.
873:  7 level NHK2
918
945:  CNR1 at 13:54
963:  CRI Russian at 9 level at 13:55 signing off for the hour.  Nothing heard on 1323, though.
972:  HLCA also a 9
1134
1242  JOLF an 8 at 14:03
1332, 1503, 1566 (was stronger earlier)

That's the catch.  Mostly bottom half of the band and a representation from all over.  SF was 68, A-5, K(12:00) 1.  Not bad, but not great either..........Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.