[IRCA] Rose Spit Haida Gwaii report relay - part 2

[IRCA] Rose Spit Haida Gwaii report relay - part 2

Via Walter Salmaniw -

There had always been some doubt that Australians would propagate well to the Queen Charlotte's, as that direction has the land mass ofthe islands rather than immediate water path�.well, I too had my doubts, butafter last night, I�ve dispelled them! Channel after channel had English noted on them.

Starting at the bottom, 531 was a real blow torch with usually 2 Aussie stations simultaneously, but usually onecalling itself only �93.5 Radio 531� and the �Super Radio Network�.  I�m assuming this is 4KZ, but please correct me if I'm wrong!  9+ signal most of the night.  I'll have to dig for an ID on the2nd station.  This was thenight for �silly ball games� as many of the stations had various matches with play by play, and the occasional horse race. 594 was 3WV in Horsham, Victoria with an 8 level ball game at 09:40.  612, interestingly enough was only at threshold level overnight.  630 was veryloud at 09:14 with a game between the Cowboys and the Sharks (rugby teams in Australia!).  This presumably is 4QN in Townsville, Queensland.

639 was most likely Fiji with Island music at 07:08.  702 was 2BL in Sydney with another ball games with the Warriors playing someone or other.
They were // to 738

720 KUAI, Hawaii gave a nice local ID at 10:00.  738, as mentioned earlier, also had the ballgames continuing past 10:00.  Finally, I noticed some NHK2 at 10:06.

792 was presumably 4RN with news at 10:09.
819 had a lot of music. News in English was heard at 09:00.  Sports at 10:12.  Could still be either NZ or Australia.

828 noted with co channel English at co-channel NHK2 finally appearing at 10:15.
873 had NHK2 as well as an English speaker at 10:17.

891:  Very strong reception at 08:20 giving an ID as�Radio TAB� at 08:20.  At 10:21they had a horse race, and co-channeled by another EE speaker, probe 5AN.  They went into a play by play, involving the Kangaroos.

990 Had a nice ID for KHBZ, Honolulu at 08:54.

1008 was an all-sports station, along with another English speaker.  Probably 4TAB and perhaps7TAB.  All this around 08:00.

1035 I'm quite certain was Radio Hapi Isles (Solomon Islands)They were playing a lot of 70s era music, and seemed // to 5019.87.
The latter was very weak, though, and only came stronger towards dawn.

1098, of course, is the station on the Marshall Islands .Very strong and quite nice to listen to.  Gave birthday greetings at 07:40 (to Mama, Papa and Nancy).  They continued very strong until past 11:00 UTC, but faded a little by sign-off at 11:30. Except for adjacent splatter,
it would have been an 'almost' local.

1116:  Nice ID for  4BC at 10:54.  They had a ball game at 07:46 with the Panthers as one of the teams.  Auckland was also mentioned.

1161 wasn't very strong at 08:49 and mixed with some Korean.  Again sounded like sports.

1233 a 7 level at 10:59with a �Warriors� game noted at 11:13.  Presumed 2NC Newcastle.

1287 had English ads at 06:48and EZL music at 07:50.  ?2TM Tamworth.

1332:  Seemed to play nothing but oldies at 08:47 and again at 09:27.  Very strong at 9+ level.  ?4BU Classic Gold?

1386:  One of my favourites and the earliest to appear and one of the last to leave.  Very strong in Hindi from 06:52. I noticed a 'Happy Father's Day'
perhaps Father's day in the southern hemisphere takes place at a different date than up here.  Often 9+ levels.  Lots of ads in English.

1422:  Sounds Greek, so I'm thinking that it�s 3XY Melbourne at 09:21.  Then again, it could sound like Arabic.

1467:  at 09:12 this station was either a Filipino, or perhaps more likely Radio Fiji.

1548:  Of course was 4QD Emerald.  Heard an ad for a Brisbane business.

1566.2  Someone was off frequency, but I don�t know who it is at 08:43.  Music noted at 09:11
1611:  The X-band was pretty lively overnight.  C& W music noted at 08:38, presumed Country Music Network�.who�s usually there during the past month.

1628.96:  Heard an ad for PC Radio and gave the phone number 49877936 at 08:38.  Wonder who this would be, as there's a few stations that would fit the bill.

1638:  08:34 Sounded like Italian , co-channel with Hindi  (perhaps Radio Lebanon,Arabic instead�.that�s what I�ve been usually hearing.  Often the strongest X-bander).

1647:  Could hear weak music at 09:09.

1656 and 1665 and 1683 were just strong  carriers.

1701.07 had Radio Brisvaani at 11:24  .  Often the strongest on 2nd to 1638.
--
Colin Newell - Editor - coffeecrew.com | coffee.bc.ca | DXer.ca
Web-Design / E-Commerce / Writing