Re: [IRCA] Het on 940 out West

Just to make things more confusing the het is strongest looping East/West from Santa Barbara.

73

Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 23:08:26 -0700
From: "Steve Ratzlaff" <steveratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Het on 940 out West
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I don't think it's KWBY. I can hear the SS of KWBY, and it also just ID'd in
English at TOH and it's best on E/W wire. I can also listen to the het and
switch between my E/W and N/S longwires. The het drops in level noticeably
when I switch to E/W, which is KWBY's direction. I think it's somewhere
closer to Dennis Gibson in California which would agree with my N/S antenna.
I just heard the SS fade up a little and it said something with
"California", "Rahdeeo xxxxx" (can't make out). (On the N/S antenna.)
(Saskatchewan also good on N/S wire.) But I'm off to bed now.
Steve
NE Oregon (Elgin)